Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Great 'Shoe' Hunt

For quite some time, I was in need of buying some a new pair of sneakers.... But I loved my good old Nike so much that it was tough to find a suitable replacement for it... Then it so happenned that I was supposed to come to US... so I thought its better to buy it from NY as I have seen good collections here earlier.. plus you get what is latest in fashion and technology.... So before moving to onsite I gave my 'nike' a much deserved break and dumped them in bangalore office....

But never thought shoe searching will become such a big project in itself... I needed to buy then immediately as I could not go to gym till I have one... so I was looking for it almost everyday while coming back from office... But it is always tough to find one all alone by myself... So forced a colleague (Tabriz) to join me and help me out... so there we were in Footlocker...and Tabriz gave his choice... I said 'NO'... Then I pointed my finger to another pair... he said 'NO'... This went on for quite some time... and boy... we were not reaching anywhere... His and my choice dont even cross, leave matching... We moved from one store to another... But in vain... Finally we did agreed on 1 or 2 pairs from New Balance... but I thot I will come with my roomies to buy as I still was not satisfied...

But I wanted to buy a new pair ASAP as my fitness was going down... Tummy was knocking and peeping out.... So next day again we started from office... Went into different stores(Footlocker, Models, Shoemania ... what not) on way back... Found some but size was not there... Other, colors were not available... Then luckily we went to one fitness store near Empire State on 34th... I liked a pair by adi'das'... with some cushioning technology... tried it and checked with Tab... It looked pretty decent to him as well and there I go... Paid for it... Finally... phew

Though the pair I bought is suitable replacement to my old sneakers, and I dont regret buyin them but i wont forgive what Tab did to me... Later he told that thinking that we are not reaching on any conclusion, he just said like that on the pair which i was finding suitable... so that he can be freed from this 'Shoe' Hunting Operation... A real friend indeed.... Bugger :X...

No comments:

Post a Comment